Pages

TEACHING PRACTICE

Me during teaching practice
This is my teaching schedule. I have to teach Let's Go subject and it is three times a week. I have also have to observe other subjects in Class 3/1
Day/Time
1
2
3
4
5
6
7

8.00 – 9.00
9.00 – 10.00
10.00 – 11.00
11.00 – 12.00
12.00 – 13.00
13.00 – 14.00
14.00-15.00
Monday
Class 3 (observe)



Class 3

Class 3 (observe)
Tuesday







Wednesday





Class 3 (observe)

Thursday
Class 3






Friday


Class 3






Procedure of Teaching

No
Steps
1.
Warm Up
I started the lesson by greeting the students and asked about their condition. After that, I checked the students’ attendance to know who was absent that day. Then I reviewed briefly about last meeting material by asking students some questions related with previous material. It is to make sure that students already understood previous material before learn the next material. Then I encourage students to learn by giving clues about the material today and students have to guess what it is.
2.
Presentation
I explained briefly about the different shape and pattern of hats and similarities, and then students listen to the dialog on CD. After listening, the students have to repeat after the audio, and then read by themselves. I asked students to answer simple question about different shape and hats and also similarities to make sure that they understood.
3.
Practice
I asked students to do exercise on their workbook and checked it together when they finished. There were 2 parts of exercise, part A and B. I asked them to do part A first, after we checked the answer together then we proceeded to part B. We checked the answer together by asking the students who can answer number 1, 2, 3, etc.
4.
Production
I asked the students to choose 2 of 4 hats which had different shape and pattern. Then I asked them to make sentences of the 2 hat for example “I like the polka dot one” and “I like the checked one”. After that, students had to draw both hats and colour it whatever colour they wanted.
5.
Wrap Up
I asked the students what they have learned today and asked some of the students to mention the examples.


Time Management and Organizing Activities
No.
Activities
Time Allotment
1.
Warm Up (Greet and check students’ attendance, review previous material, building knowledge)
5 minutes
2.
Presentation (Explain the material, play audio, ask simple questions)
10 minutes
3.
Practice (Do the exercise on workbook and check it together)
20 minutes
4.
Production (Choose 2 of 4 hats, make sentences, draw, and colour it)
20 minutes

Problem Solving
During the observation and teaching practice I found some problems which came from the students and myself. 
No
Problems
Solve
1.
The students are noisy.
I have to be firm to ask them to be quiet.
2.
The students are difficult to work in group.
I don’t use group work and I use learning together instead.
3.
Some students like to talk to their close friends.
I have to move their seat away so they won’t talk to each other during lesson.
4.
Students don’t understand my instructions because I explain too fast.
I have to explain it slowly and clearly.

Classroom Management
I have to be firm in the classroom because if I am not, the students will be so noisy. I have also pay attention to every students to make sure all of the are really paying attention to the lesson and understand the material. I also ask who can answer the questions to make students active and then check the answer by asking all of students to make sure they all understand. 

Pictures




Her name is Almond

Her name is Wawa

My lovely students

My friends in 3/1 class, Dear and Nut


No comments:

Post a Comment